The Family HamApril 2, 2013
Anticipating Michael Momm’s Loreley L.A.April 30, 2013
It’s not often that Schaller & Weber adds new products to their lineup, but when they do, you can be sure that they’ve been carefully prepared according to the same high standards all their other recipes follow. More importantly, these taste really, really good.
Check out what’s now available in-store, online, and from your favorite retailers:
- NEW Spätzle – These traditional German noodles are pillowy and perfect when sautéed in butter or with a little bacon. They are also wonderful alongside a hearty braise with plenty of sauce.
- NEW Kräuterspätzle – Spätzle with herbs: parsley, chives, and chervil. Delicious served with vegetables and a grating of fresh parmesan cheese.
- NEW Mini Maultaschen – This German variation of ravioli contains a traditional vegetarian filling of potatoes, onions, spinach, peas, leeks and celery.
- NEW Kartoffel Knöedel – These German potato dumplings are typically served with roasted meats or stew.
- NEW Chorizo – This Spanish-style Chorizo is excellent on its own, in soups, or served on toasted crusty bread with other tapas-style dishes. Its mild spice and depth of smoky flavor are excellent and, if I may say so, impressive for a German butcher. Just goes to show you that these guys know how to make sausage.
- NEW Veal Bratwurst – Just like the regular Bratwurst, but made with veal for those who avoid pork. Eureka!